Super Universal Needle
Needle system: 130/705 H-SU
When using self-adhesive embroidery backing and spray adhesive or when sewing on self-adhesive hook-and-loop, unpleasant adhesive residues on the needle are common.
The new Super Universal Needle is now putting an end to this, offering industrial grade for household needles too. The key feature that sets the Super Universal Needle apart from other household needles is its particularly smooth non-stick coating with NIT (= nickel-phosphorus PTFE). It ensures that significantly less adhesive residue remains on the needle (no needle sticking) and thus also helps to prevent thread breakage.
This effect is underlined even further by the extra-large eye, making the needle particularly suitable for embroidery work. The eye matches that of a 2 NM thicker needle. This means that the eye of a NM 70 Super Universal Needle is similar to the eye of a normal NM 90 needle, for example. The special design of the scarf and eye section also helps to prevent skipped stitches. The slightly rounded point shape means that the needle can be used with most materials without problems. The blade has an extremely strong, conical blade reinforcement, so that even thick fabrics like jeans are no challenge at all.
- The needle eye and the long groove do not become clogged with adhesive backing and foams during embroidery work.
- The needle is particularly suited for sewing on self-adhesive elements.
- The wide range of additional characteristics make sewing many – even difficult – materials much easier: This is why “super” is included in the name.
- Hook-and-loop tape
- Material processing from thin to thick
Available needle sizes
NM 70, NM 80, NM 90, NM 100
- Non-stick surface
- Longer and wider eye
- Special transition from the eye to a deeper scarf
- Reinforced blade
- Enlarged groove
Slightly rounded point